In this episode of SoundNotes, Ross Beurmann joins Dave to talk about the difference between Leadership and Management. Although many confuse the two and believe they are the same, they are actually very different things—and this can become extremely apparent during the transition to an Agile approach.
During the interview, Ross explains why it is so important that we gain clarity on the difference between the two, why we want to manage systems, and why it is so important that we inspire teams to manage themselves.
Books Mentioned In This Podcast
- Turn the Ship Around – L. David Marquet https://amzn.to/2QXOGWD
- Leadership is Language – L. David Marquet https://amzn.to/2w2mRFj
- Getting Naked – Patrick Lencioni https://amzn.to/3avNX6A
- Dare to Lead – Brene Brown https://amzn.to/2JptZ1D
- We Were Soldiers Once… And Young – Harold G. Moore https://amzn.to/3dKAvxG
- Web: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/ross-beurmann/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rossbeurmannzcea/
- Email: Ross.Beurmann@leadingagile.com
- Email: email@example.com
- LeadingAgile: http://www.leadingagile.com/guides/dave-prior/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrsungo/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/mrsungo
- Personal blog: http://drunkenpm.net
We Need Reviews
If you like this podcast, we’d be very grateful for reviews or feedback in iTunes. It will help us create more visibility for this podcast so that we can reach more people. Click here to leave us a review or post feedback.
If you have comments on the podcast or have questions for the LeadingAgile coaches that you’d like to have addressed in a future episode of LeadingAgile’s SoundNotes, you can reach Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org
LeadingAgile CSM and CSPO Classes
For information on LeadingAgile’s upcoming public CSM and CSPO classes, please go to: http://www.leadingagile.com/our-gear/training/
Use the discount code: LA_Podcast to receive a 15% discount on the class.